OLAS Job Feed
- Fri, 12 Jan 2018 10:00:00 +0000: Uniondale UFSD - Physical Education Teacher - LR - OLAS Jobs
Appropriate NYS certification required
Bilingual a plus
- Thu, 11 Jan 2018 10:00:00 +0000: Lawrence Public Schools - Physical Education and Health Teacher LR - OLAS Jobs
Physical Education/Health teacher HS leave replacement effective April 9 - June 20, 2018.
Appropriate NYS Certification and fingerprint clearance required.
- Tue, 09 Jan 2018 10:00:00 +0000: Western Suffolk BOCES - Physical Education Teacher - LR - OLAS Jobs
Western Suffolk BOCES seeks a NYS certified Physical Education teacher ASAP, as a leave replacement, to work with students with disabilities. Western Suffolk County location.
- Mon, 08 Jan 2018 10:00:00 +0000: Manhasset UFSD - Physical Education Teacher: Probationar - OLAS Jobs
Start Date: September 1, 2018.
Manhasset UFSD seeks highly qualified candidates for the position of Physical Education Teacher (K-12).
Full-time, Probationary, Tenure-Track Position.
Prior teaching and coaching experience is desirable.
Appropriate and Valid NYS Teacher Certification in Physical Education, K-12 is required.
Salary as per Contract.
Apply immediately via OLAS. Interviews will be ongoing until the position is filled.
Please, NO Emails or Phone Calls.
- Wed, 03 Jan 2018 10:00:00 +0000: Cold Spring Harbor - Physical Education Teacher - Anticipated - OLAS Jobs
F/T Probationary Physical Education Teacher
** Candidate MUST hold Physical Education and Health Certification **
Cover letter may be addressed to: Denise Campbell, Assistant Superintendent for Student Services & Human Resources.
~ NO TELEPHONE CALLS, PLEASE ~
Lower Hudson Valley:
- Tue, 16 Jan 2018 10:00:00 +0000: Putnam/Northern Westchester BOCES - Physical Therapist - P/T, Leave Replacem - OLAS Jobs
Job Title: Physical Therapist - P/T, Leave Replacement
Department: Special Ed
Duties: Putnam/Northern Westchester BOCES anticipates an opening for a Part Time Physical Therapist (Leave Replacement) to provide related services as required on student IEPs. Must have the ability to function as a positive and contributing member of our BOCES team.
Qualifications: Must possess the appropriate New York State license to hold position and qualify through Civil Service.
Characteristics Desired: Extensive knowledge of instructional approaches for students with autism, emotional/behavioral disorders and/or multiple disabilities. Must be driven, organized and have the ability to positively manage students. Successful candidate must have a positive, can-do attitude and be committed to the BOCES Mission of Service and Innovation through Partnership.
To begin: February 1, 2018
- Thu, 11 Jan 2018 10:00:00 +0000: Harrison Central School District - Physical Education Teacher - LTS - OLAS Jobs
The Harrison Central School District is seeking candidates who hold NYS certification in Physical Education for a full-time, long-term substitute position at the high school level starting approximately March 19, 2018 and continuing for the remainder of the 2017-18 school year.
- Wed, 17 Jan 2018 10:00:00 +0000: Schenectady City School District - Physical Education Teacher - OLAS Jobs
With a population of nearly 10,000 students, the Schenectady City School District is one of the largest in the Capital Region. We have an incredibly diverse population and remain committed to ensuring that all children feel valued, are safe and will learn. We value a culture of equity and are driven to ensure that race economics and disability are never predictors of student achievement. Every child in our district counts and will be supported, each step of the way, along the path to graduation.
The Schenectady City School District has an opening and is now accepting applications for a full-time probationary Physical Education Teacher.
Please apply through OLAS by sending your letter of interest, resume, NYS certification (must have applicable certification at time of application) and all supporting materials.
The Schenectady City School District is committed to hiring members of protected classes and residents of the City of Schenectady. For more information on the District’s recruitment and hiring plan, please contact the Human Resources Office at 881-2000 ext. 40133.
The Schenectady City School District does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, creed, disability, marital status, veteran status, national origin, race or gender. This policy is in compliance with Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Regulations and By-Laws of the Board of Education of the Schenectady City School District.
- Tue, 02 Jan 2018 10:00:00 +0000: Questar III BOCES - Physical Therapist - OLAS Jobs
Questar III BOCES has an immediate need for a part-time (.2 FTE - hours can be flexible on delivery time) Physical Therapist to serve students in the East Greenbush CSD. This position will provide Physical Therapy services according to students IEP's. Proper NYS Physical Therapy license required. Preferred candidates will have experience working with Special Education students.
- Fri, 12 Jan 2018 10:00:00 +0000: Newfield Central School District - Physical Education Teacher - OLAS Jobs
Newfield Senior High School is seeking highly qualified candidates for the position of Physical Education Teacher (9-12). Full-time and Probationary. Prior teaching and coaching experience is desirable. Valid NYS Teacher Certification in Physical Education, K-12 is required. Health Certification is desirable. Salary as per contract. Apply immediately via OLAS. Interviews will be ongoing until the position is filled. Application deadline January 26, 2018.
- Thu, 18 Jan 2018 10:00:00 +0000: Dutchess BOCES - Physical Education Teachers (5) - OLAS Jobs
(5) PHYSICAL EDUCATION TEACHERS
High School - Summer School
Dutchess BOCES has 5 anticipated High School Physical Education Teacher positions in the Dutchess BOCES Regional Academic Summer School Program at Hyde Park Central School District.
Appropriate NYS Certification is required.
Summer School dates are July 9 - August 17, 2018
Please apply on line . Applicants will not be considered unless the following materials are uploaded: Resume, copies of certification and three letters of reference.
Must have NYS Certification
Type of position: Professional
- Thu, 11 Jan 2018 10:00:00 +0000: Grove Street Academy - Physical Education Teacher - OLAS Jobs
Physical Eduacation Teacher
Founded in 1876, The Children’s Home of Kingston (CHK) is a highly personalized, multi-service agency serving the needs of youth ages 8-21, who are experiencing difficulty at home, in school, or in their community. CHK has four residential cottages and an approved special education school (Grove Street Academy) that is located on our main campus. The Grove Street Academy is our campus educational facility for youth in our residential and day programs, grades 4 to 12. Our teachers are NYS certified, and our school is regulated and approved by the NYS Education Department.
The Children's Home of Kingston is seeking a Physical Education Teacher for our school. The candidate would work with high needs students to provide support, guidance, and de-escalation as needed throughout the school day.
Duties and Responsibilites:
- Teach and lead students in fitness and physical education
- Increase overall physical and health awareness
- Plan and implement physical education curricula and lesson plans
- Develop a culture of teamwork, participation and collaboration among students
- Facilitate small group targeted instruction in different subjects as needed
- Maintain and communicate high academic and personal expectations for all students
- Follow the school’s policies and procedures for student conduct and discipline
- Develop and use a variety of assessments (e.g., exams, written work, and public performances) that frequently measure student progress
- Communicate effectively with students, parents, and colleagues
- Share responsibility for grade level and school-wide activities
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 2 years teaching experience is required
- New York State certification in Physical Education required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
CHK offers an outstanding benefit package which includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k), tuition reimbursement and a great work environment!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Pre-employment drug testing and fingerprinting required
Please apply through OLAS or you may apply in person in the Administration building at 26 Grove St. Kingston, NY 12401
- Wed, 10 Jan 2018 10:00:00 +0000: Monticello Central School District - Physical Ed-Leave Replacement - OLAS Jobs
Monticello Central School District is seeking a leave replacement teacher to fill an anticipated teacher vacancy in Physical Education. The successful candidate must have current and appropriate NYS certification.
The Monticello Central School District is in Sullivan County, NY, centrally located between New York City, Albany, and the Pocono Mountain region. This provides a rare combination to live in a rural setting and still be close to major metropolitan areas for recreation and work. Monticello is the largest of the eight county school districts with a multicultural enrollment of approximately 2,900 students.
- Tue, 09 Jan 2018 10:00:00 +0000: Minisink Valley C.S.D. - Physical Education/Health Teacher - Leav - OLAS Jobs
Temporary position (on or about 2/20/18-6/22/18). Assigned to the High School. NYS physical education and health certifications required.
- Wed, 20 Sep 2017 09:00:00 +0000: Middletown City School District - Physical Therapist - OLAS Jobs
Applicants with minimum of two years of experience preferred and must have the appropriate New York State Certification/License. Will be responsible for the customary duties associated with the position. Salary will be determined according to training and experience.
- Fri, 12 Jan 2018 10:00:00 +0000: Springbrook School - Physical Therapist - Preschool - OLAS Jobs
Provide physical therapy care programs or portions thereof to individuals receiving services.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
Administer PT assessment/evaluation/re-evaluation of individuals receiving services.
Develop individual and group therapy goals in collaboration with the interdisciplinary team, based on assessment results.
Provide physical therapy treatments as indicated in evaluation and goals.
Demonstrate appropriate interactions with each individual receiving service to enhance individual performance.
Provide in-service training and consultation to staff, parents, and other professional personnel regarding adaptive equipment, positioning and other intervention techniques.
Utilize and manage appropriate assistive and adaptive devices to support individual’s needs.
Maintain records as necessary to comply with all applicable regulations.
Complete appropriate data collection and documentation for educational, therapeutic, and attendance purposes, following departmental protocols.
Supervise Physical Therapy Assistants, students and volunteers as required or assigned.
Demonstrate an understanding and compliance with applicable regulatory procedures.
Follow confidentiality procedures as outlined in Springbrook policies and therapeutic practice regulations.
Attend appropriate departmental meetings as assigned.
Inventory, store, monitor and maintain supplies and equipment. Maintain a clean and organized therapeutic program space and office space.
Utilize time management techniques with which to meet the needs of the department.
Maintain current knowledge of treatment practice per discipline-specific practice requirements and maintain and provide Springbrook with proof of current certification/licensure.
Annually complete additional professional development activities, as assigned and approved.
All other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
Bachelors’ Degree or greater in Physical Therapy, with current NYS certification to practice Physical Therapy.
Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and a willingness to effectively collaborate with others.
Swim in the Springbrook and community pools as necessary.
Communicate openly and professionally, and employ appropriate conflict resolution
strategies, during interactions with colleagues, participants, and students.
Duties require professional verbal and written communication skills.
Proficiency in or knowledge of using a variety of computer software and e-mail applications, especially Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Word; have the aptitude to learn other computer software as necessary.
Must be able to lift 50 lbs. independently and assist in lifting weights exceeding 50 lbs.
Meet the requirements to drive Springbrook vehicles as required.
Be able to perform all physical interventions.
Indeed Job Feed
- Wed, 17 Jan 2018 14:11:45 +0000: Athletic Director (summer camp) - Great Neck Park District - Great Neck, NY - physical-education Jobs in New York State | Indeed.com
Ideal candidate would be a physical education teacher or similar experience with age group 3-12 years old. Summer Day Camp in Great Neck is looking for a highly...
From Indeed - Wed, 17 Jan 2018 14:11:45 GMT - View all Great Neck, NY jobs
- Sun, 14 Jan 2018 16:55:32 +0000: Camp Leader/Fitness Professional - Advantage Tennis and Camps - New York, NY - physical-education Jobs in New York State | Indeed.com
Must have a personal training or physical education background and love working with children ages 4-16. Advantage Tennis and Camps operates 3 tennis facilities... $15 - $25 an hour
From Indeed - Sun, 14 Jan 2018 16:55:32 GMT - View all New York, NY jobs
- Mon, 08 Jan 2018 23:24:05 +0000: Physical Education Teacher - SCO Family of Services - Sea Cliff, NY - physical-education Jobs in New York State | Indeed.com
NYS certification in physical education required. Maintain supplies and equipment that pertain to physical education....
From SCO Family of Services - Mon, 08 Jan 2018 23:24:05 GMT - View all Sea Cliff, NY jobs
- Mon, 08 Jan 2018 18:30:14 +0000: Director of Operations - YMCA - Eagle Bay, NY - physical-education Jobs in New York State | Indeed.com
A bachelor's degree in Recreation, Physical Education, Childhood Development or a related field, or equivalent experience....
From YMCA - Mon, 08 Jan 2018 18:30:14 GMT - View all Eagle Bay, NY jobs
- Sat, 06 Jan 2018 11:24:34 +0000: Physical Education/Health Teacher - P/L - SCO Family of Services - Bronx, NY - physical-education Jobs in New York State | Indeed.com
NYS Dual Certification in Physical Education and Health. Maintain supplies and equipment that pertain to physical education....
From SCO Family of Services - Sat, 06 Jan 2018 11:24:34 GMT - View all Bronx, NY jobs
- Thu, 04 Jan 2018 22:05:38 +0000: Physical Education Teacher - High School - Martin De Porres Schools - Rockaway Park, NY - physical-education Jobs in New York State | Indeed.com
NYS Permanent or Professional Certification in Physical Education / Adaptive Physical Education. NYS Physical Education Teacher....
From Indeed - Thu, 04 Jan 2018 22:05:38 GMT - View all Rockaway Park, NY jobs
- Wed, 03 Jan 2018 20:50:15 +0000: Physical Education Teacher - Anticipated - Great Neck Public Schools - Cold Spring Harbor, NY - physical-education Jobs in New York State | Indeed.com
Physical Education Teacher - Anticipated. F/T Probationary Physical Education Teacher. Candidate MUST hold Physical Education and Health Certification **....
From Great Neck Public Schools - Wed, 03 Jan 2018 20:50:15 GMT - View all Cold Spring Harbor, NY jobs
- Tue, 02 Jan 2018 19:41:19 +0000: Preschool/PKA Head Start Lead Teacher - CDI- Head Start Serving Rockaway Beach - Rockaway Beach, NY - physical-education Jobs in New York State | Indeed.com
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE*. Such courses may have been taken in various departments, such as Education, Home Economics, Music, Art, Library Sciences, Physical...
From Indeed - Tue, 02 Jan 2018 19:41:19 GMT - View all Rockaway Beach, NY jobs
- Fri, 22 Dec 2017 16:43:46 +0000: Ninja Warrior Program Instructor - Mohawk Day Camp - White Plains, NY - physical-education Jobs in New York State | Indeed.com
Degree in physical education or physical fitness. Mohawk Day Camp is a camp like no other - uniquely focused on delivering amazing camper experiences....
From Indeed - Fri, 22 Dec 2017 16:43:46 GMT - View all White Plains, NY jobs
- Thu, 21 Dec 2017 02:54:43 +0000: Buffalo Area Sports Coach - JumpBunch - Western New York - Buffalo, NY - physical-education Jobs in New York State | Indeed.com
Child Children kids sports coach instructor instruct teach teacher gym PE Phys Ed Physical Education Fitness soccer football basketball baseball track hockey... $20 an hour
From Jump Bunch - Thu, 21 Dec 2017 02:54:43 GMT - View all Buffalo, NY jobs
- Wed, 06 Dec 2017 00:41:43 +0000: Recreation Program Leader 1 - Corrections and Community Supervision, Department of - Fallsburg, NY - physical-education Jobs in New York State | Indeed.com
An Associate's Degree in physical education, recreation, recreational therapy, or a closely related recreational field*....
From StateJobsNY - Wed, 06 Dec 2017 00:41:43 GMT - View all Fallsburg, NY jobs
- Wed, 29 Nov 2017 00:40:36 +0000: Personal Trainer Counselor - LA Fitness - Staten Island, NY - physical-education Jobs in New York State | Indeed.com
If you have a Degree in Exercise Science, Exercise Physiology, Health and Wellness, Physical Education, and Kinesiology there is no need for a CPT.... $3,000 - $8,000 a month
From Indeed - Wed, 29 Nov 2017 00:40:36 GMT - View all Staten Island, NY jobs
- Tue, 28 Nov 2017 21:14:02 +0000: Director of Operations - Camp Gorham - YOUNG MENS CHRISTIAN ASSOCIATION OF ROCHESTER - Eagle Bay, NY - physical-education Jobs in New York State | Indeed.com
A bachelor's degree in Recreation, Physical Education, Childhood Development or a related field, or equivalent experience....
From YOUNG MENS CHRISTIAN ASSOCIATION OF ROCHESTER - Tue, 28 Nov 2017 21:14:02 GMT - View all Eagle Bay, NY jobs
- Sat, 18 Nov 2017 10:46:33 +0000: Athletic Trainer, Certified - Guthrie Healthcare System - Town of Erwin, NY - physical-education Jobs in New York State | Indeed.com
Degree in physical education, health or other appropriate discipline. Requires moderate degree of physical activity, including bending, stooping, reaching,...
From Guthrie Healthcare System - Sat, 18 Nov 2017 10:46:33 GMT - View all Town of Erwin, NY jobs
- Mon, 13 Nov 2017 14:13:55 +0000: LIFEGUARD (SR018) - Sani Resort - Resort, NY - physical-education Jobs in New York State | Indeed.com
Advanced First Aid certification or degree from a department of physical education and sports science would be assessed accordingly....
From Sani Resort - Mon, 13 Nov 2017 14:13:55 GMT - View all Resort, NY jobs